IEEE-USA’s Professional Activities Committee (PACE) has approved a special $200 incentive program for 2012. Any U.S. IEEE Section that completes and reports three or more PACE events during 2012 is eligible to receive a special $200 bonus payment. The incentive program runs during 2012 only, and is limited to the first 100 Sections. All Section payments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
The incentive payment is intended to encourage all U.S. IEEE Sections to use IEEE vTools to report all professional activities. The MPE program is in addition to, and does not replace, the existing U.S. Regional PACE Project Funding Program.
$200 Rebate Requirements
- A U.S. IEEE Section will receive a one-time, direct payment of $200, when they complete and report three (or more) successful local professional activity (PACE) events during 2012
- Total attendance (of all events) must exceed 100 people.
- It is highly recommended that the event be created and published using vTools.
- Each PACE event must be reported using vTools, and classified in the “professional” meeting category. https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/main
- Meetings may use the pre-packaged IEEE-USA modules, or a topic of local interest.
- Regional PACE Coordinators have the discretion to request Section payments in exceptional circumstances.
- When the PACE Committee determines that a Section has fulfilled the requirements, it transfers the $200 bonus to the Section’s Concentration Banking account ,and notifies the Section Chair by email. Sections without IEEE Concentration Banking accounts are strongly encouraged to open one.
The IEEE-USA Professional Activities Committee administers the MPE program. The Committee audits the vTools meeting database on a quarterly basis, to determine which Sections have completed the requirements for the MPE rebate. Questions regarding the MPE program should be directed to your Regional PACE Coordinator .